Predictions for Team Finals

Home Forums Previews/Predictions Predictions for Team Finals

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rwrestling1 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

techfall01
    Participant

I know there has been quite the discussion with D1 and who gets seeded where and the parity. With all that said and knowing that DCC is a lock for winning it, who do they see in the finals and what is the most exciting matchup to see before the finals?

D1 winner DCC, best matchup Dakota/Brighton Semi’s, Brighton making Finals
    D2 winner Lowell, best matchup WWT/Dewitt Semi’s, Dewitt making finals
    D3 winner Dundee, best matchup Dundee/Richmond Finals
    D4 Winner Hudson, best matchup Clinton/CCC Semi’s, CCC making finals

Too bad Dewitt and Eaton Rapids are in the same region because I think they both are capable of making the finals or at least giving WWT a run for their money.

karp
    Participant

I hear Mendon is really tough, wouldn’t Clinton and Mendon get the 2nd and 3rd seed??

techfall01
      Participant

karp,

D4 seeding could be tough. Why is Hudson the 1 in your mind? to me Clinton has wins against multiple teams that will make it to team states. You can’t seed Hudson 1 in my mind with the two schedules. Hudson has no relevant wins against any of the top 8 where Clinton does. With that said, I do think Hudson is the best team.
      I could see Clinton being the 1 and Hudson and Mendon being 2/3 with Manchester and CCC being 4 and 5. That’s how I have Clinton vs CCC in semi’s.

karp
    Participant

Techfall, I’m glad I’m not on the committee, D4 looks to be a mess. You’re right Hudson doesn’t have any relevant wins and very possibly the best team. I think that was the case 2 years ago and they got the 3rd seed. Mendon and Clinton both some nice wins. This won’t be easy.

Rwrestling1
    Participant

Ps Hudson beat D3 ranked Ida like 54-11 where Clinton beat them 26-20 Hudson hasn’t wrestled much as far as duels mainly individual that being said #1 d1 DCC champs D2 Lowell D2 champs #1 D3 Dundee Champs untill anyone in D4 could beat HUDSON #1 D4 champs!!!!

techfall01
      Participant

Rwrestling1,
      I believe one common opponent isn’t enough to use point differential for the purpose of seeding. I guess they could if all other things well equal but they are not. At the end of the day I don’t think it really matters when it comes to Hudson being a 1, 2 or 3 seed. I don’t see anyone stopping them from another Title.

Rwrestling1
    Participant

Techfall,agreed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.