Best Freshman Season Ever?

Home Forums A General Discussion Best Freshman Season Ever?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  AnklePick15 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

4mer171champ
    Participant

Was what we saw from Facundo the best freshman season ever in Michigan? He went undefeated. He did it at a weight class that wasn’t 103 or 112 where you wrestle mostly other freshmen. Best of all, he knocked off two different two time state champs (Davenport & Amine). Is this the best Michigan has ever witnessed from a freshman?

Holtfan
    Participant

A couple come to mind that could contend with GOAT Freshman:

Metcalf
    T. Massa
    Coon

I am certain I am missing some, but those are off the top of my head.

Oxfordad
      Participant

Coon’s only high school loss was to a certain Two-Timer from a certain little school in North Oakland County !!

#GOCATS

Wrestlefan
    Participant

IMO it was the best freshman season I’ve ever seen. No one else went through two 2 timers let alone one. Very impressive.

AnklePick15
    Participant

Whitman should be up on this list as well, he beat Skatzka who was on his way to his fourth title. His only losses came to Logan Massa, and he also beat Nick Brish of Brighton who was a state champ that year.

dewey
    Participant

Whitman also beat Logan Ritchie of New Boston Huron that year who was the division 2 state champ. All done at 171lb. Not a bad freshman year.

dewey
    Participant

Plus I believe Ritchie was a 2 timer.

AnklePick15
      Participant

Whitman and Ritchie never wrestled, Ritchie wrestled Mandell at 160. But Ritchie was a 2 timer.

dewey
    Participant

The Witt challenge? Dundee vs New Boston Huron in a dual. thought I witnessed it. Could have been another Huron wrestler.

AnklePick15
      Participant

I could be wrong, but I thought Whitman wrestled Pauwels.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.